We Respect Your Privacy
“Personal Information” means any information or set of information, whether alone or in combination with other Personal Information gathered, processed, used or stored by Training 4 Developers that is sufficient to identify you, an employee, or other individual. Personal Information does not include information that is anonymous, nor does it include publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information.
Training 4 Developers, when gathering, processing, storing, using or disclosing your Personal Information, shall follow these principles:
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other Training 4 Developers websites, mobile applications, courses offered (whether online or in person), when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number).
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address).
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number).
- Course preferences.
- Course locations.
- Demographic information (such as gender).
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs.
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our sites.
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Manage and maintain your account on the sites.
- Provide products, courses or other services you request.
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites.
- Maintain a record of the courses you have taken.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media.
- Publish your testimonials about Training 4 Developers, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state).
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Online Advertising and Tracking
Information Collection. When you browse a Training 4 Developers web site, you do so anonymously, and except as set forth herein Personal information is not collected. Some areas of our web sites, however, may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your name, email address or the like for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, making a purchase or participating in online surveys. In those instances, you may decline to provide your personal information, but as a result you may not have access to those features. Training 4 Developers also may retain electronic communications you send to our customer service representatives, webmasters or other representatives or other associates or service providers as a means to continually improve customer service. Training 4 Developers web sites track information about visits to those sites. For example, statistics are compiled that show the daily requests received for particular files on a site, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used to customize our web sites to better meet your needs and may also be provided to others. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. If you decline to accept the cookie, it will also disable the web beacon. With both cookies and web beacons, the information collected and used is anonymous. The information collected does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address. Some functionalities of the Training 4 Developers sites may not function if you disable cookies and, in some instances, you may not be able to access or navigate our sites if cookies are disabled or limited.
Information Use. Training 4 Developers and third parties acting on Training 4 Developers’s behalf may use the information users give to us, for example, to process payments from you, to provide you with promotions and advertisements for our products and services, to measure consumer interest in our various products or to inform users about new products and programs. These offers may be based on information provided in surveys, information that may indicate purchasing preferences, or communications made to or through an Training 4 Developers site. Any lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and designed to protect the privacy and security of your personal information. Training 4 Developers will use reasonable efforts to address all requests to remove names from any postal mail or email lists.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Training 4 Developers has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Training 4 Developers, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email [email protected], with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
Access and Correction
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Training 4 Developers. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Training 4 Developers, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
Training 4 Developers does not knowingly collect any personal information (such as name, address and telephone number) from children under 13 years of age through its web site. Training 4 Developers will specifically instruct children under 13 not to submit such information to this web site. We do not currently allow children under 13 to register for or participate in contests or promotions on this site. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that their child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that parent or guardian should contact us if they want this information deleted from our systems. If Training 4 Developers obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files we will delete that information from our existing files. In addition, anyone under 18 years of age should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any personal information on this site.
How to Contact Us
You also may write to us at:
Training 4 Developers, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Manager
124 Regal Oaks Way
Amherst, VA 24521
LAST MODIFIED: 03/24/2020